The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 10, 2013July 10th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go on this Wednesday!
5) Looking for a job? If so you have two options today. There’s one being held from 10am to 2pm at Harrison Middle School. At least 17 local entities including government – health care – investment – beverage and food industry will all be there. The New Mexico Broadcasters are a virtual job fair. There’s jobs in news, advertising sales, promotion, engineering and business administration. Just head to KRQE Links for more info.
4) If New Mexico’s Environment Secretary approves the Federal Department of Energy’s request to modify a permit at WIPP–The Waste Isolation Pilot Plant. WIPP would take in more than $3-million gallons of waste from Washington State.
3) The Pit has been The Pit since Lobo Basketball played its first game here more than 46 years ago. It could soon have a very different name if someone’s willing to pay half a million dollars a year for at least twenty years. UNM says it’s open to selling the name to University Stadium too.
2) A big question this morning…in the trial against the former Albuquerque cop accused of killing his wife. Will Levi Chavez take the stand? If Levi decides not testify…the defense will rest…closing arguments will begin and the jury could have the case by the end of today.
1) Today will have scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 93 with an east wind 5 to 10 mph. The chance of precipitation is 30%.
Then tonight will have scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. It’ll be mostly cloudy, with a low around 69 and an east wind 5 to 10 mph. The chance of precipitation is 40%.