The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 09, 2013July 9th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today…
5) Big news for troops in Afghanistan this morning. The New York Times is reporting The White House is thinking about bringing the troops home sooner than planned…and not leaving any there. The original plan was bring them home next year…and leave some there.
4) Governor Susana Martinez will be in Arizona later today for a memorial service for the 19 firefighters who died there last week.
the granite mountain hotshots had been in New Mexico just a few weeks before…fighting the Thompson Ridge Fire in the Jemez.
3) Bad news for Albuquerque’s economy and federal workers at Kirtland…the furloughs are hitting them hard. Twenty-one-hundred civilian workers have to take one unpaid day off a week for the next 3 months…as part of the federal budget cuts.
2) You’ll probably some puddles on your way out this morning…after a downpour in the Duke City overnight. Check out some of the flooding we caught on camera…including this car that got submerged in the South Valley. Remember the saying…turn around…don’t drown.
1) Today will have more scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 95 and a calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation is 30%.
Then tonight will see more isolated showers and thunderstorms. It’ll be mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. The east wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. The chance of precipitation is 20%.