The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 08, 2013July 8th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
It’s time now for the 5 things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) “The Lone Ranger” isn’t starting out to be the Box Office blockbuster it was supposed to. It pulled in $50 million dollars this weekend…much less than the $140 million despicable me raked in.
4) Your chance to see some snakes that scientists thought were extinct in New Mexico. It turns out…the Mexican Gartersnakes are not…and were found near the Gila River last month…they’re now at the ABQ Biopark Zoo but not yet on display.
3) We’re learning more about the deadly plane crash in San Francisco this weekend. Asiana Airlines now says the pilot had never landed at the airport before…and only had 43 hours flying the Boeing 777. The NTSB is investigating to see if that played a role in the crash.
2) Today we should learn more about a deadly police shooting in Albuquerque on Friday. An officer shot and killed Vincent Wood…saying he lunged toward another officer with two ten inch butcher knives. Wood’s brother says wood had post traumatic stress disorder.
1) Today will have isolated showers and thunderstorms. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 93 and a calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation is 20%.
Then tonight will could see isolated showers and thunderstorms. It’ll be partly cloudy, with a low around 70 and a south wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. The chance of precipitation is 20%.