Fireworks light up the 4th (and 5th and 6th)July 4th, 2013 at 2:05 pm by Bill Diven under Community Affairs
Fireworks shows are planned around the state to celebrate Independence Day 2013.
Here’s a partial list of activities (click on links for more details):
- During the day and evening food and entertainment headlined by John Michael Montgomery. Fireworks after dark. Admission free. Parking $10. ABQ Ride shuttles from east and west sides $1.
- Post-game fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Standing-room-only tickets available for Thursday.
- Sporting events, kids’ entertainment, music and food at Daniel Fernandez Memorial Park. Gates open 4 p.m. Fireworks at dusk. Sponsored by Los Lunas Community Services Department.
- Sumner Lake State Park: Thursday 9 p.m. sponsored by Lake Sumner Fire Department. Regular park entrance fee.
- Eagle Nest State Park: Thursday 9 p.m. sponsored by village of Eagle Nest and Eagle Nest Chamber of Commerce. Regular park entrance fee.
- Elephant Butte Lake State Park: Saturday July 6 at 9 p.m. launching from Rattlesnake Island. Day-use fees waived for this show only.
- Ute Lake State Park: Saturday July 6. Bean Feed and Barbeque sponsored by Logan Ute Lake Chamber of Commerce, Logan Bass Club, village of Logan, Logan Lodger’s Tax Board. Regular park entrance fee.
- Rio Rancho High School football stadium. Gates open at 6 p.m. Fireworks at about 9 p.m. Free admission. Parking $5 benefiting Rio Rancho and Cleveland high schools’ booster clubs.
- Santa Fe Municipal Recreation Center. Gates open 5 p.m. Music and concessions. Parking $5 donation. Sponsord by Boys and Girls Clubs of Santa Fe.
- New Mexico Tech north of Macey Center. Music including Al Hurricane Sr. and Jr., concessions. Fireworks about 9:30 p.m. by N.M. Tech Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center. Free admission and parking.