5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 4, 2012July 4th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5. We could learn today if the bodies found at Quemado Lake yesterday are those of two teenagers who went missing last weekend. Investigators say Noah Hooper and Seth Stephenson were island hopping when they disappeared.
4. Do not shoot off illegal fireworks on this Fourth of July. Police and firefighters will be out looking for you. Basically anything that shoots out or up is illegal in Albuquerque, Bernalillo county and most of the state.
3. Please don’t drink and drive this holiday weekend. Police and sheriff’s deputies will have extra patrols out and will be doing DWI checkpoints. In Albuquerque call 1-800-AAA-help for a free ride for you and car. In Santa Fe the dollar cab ride program is in effect tonight too.
2. If you’re looking for fun, fireworks and more today head to Balloon Fiesta Park. There’s live music including country singer John Michael Montgomery. Fireworks are supposed to go off at 9:15pm. Plus the Isotopes are at home with fireworks after their game.
1. We’re hoping mother nature’s fireworks don’t ruin our day. Today will be partly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs will be in the upper 80s to mid 90s. Tonight will be partly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening then isolated showers and thunderstorms after midnight.
Lows will be in the lower to mid 60s.
Happy 4th of July!!!