The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 2, 2013July 2nd, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go…
5) The day we’ve all been waiting for…”The Lone Ranger” hits the big screen. There are still tickets available for a number of showings tonight in Albuquerque and Santa Fe if you see it…let us know what you think!
4) The trial of a former Albuquerque Police Officer is taking a turn today. The prosecution wrapped up its case yesterday and now Levi Chavez’s defense will try to prove he did not kill his wife, Tera, back in 2007. We’ll be in court and let you know what happens.
3) In just a couple hours…the search will be back on for two teens who disappeared from Quemado Lake…near the Arizona border. They disappeared Sunday after they were island jumping…and haven’t been seen since.
2) Today investigators are going to try to figure out exactly what went wrong…when 19 firefighters were killed in Arizona this weekend. They were hotshots battling the Yarnell Hill Fire…about 85 miles northwest of Phoenix. They had just been in New Mexico battling the Thompson Ridge Fire.
1) More storms could be on the way…Today will have scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. It will be partly sunny, with a high near 84. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Then tonight will have scattered showers and thunderstorms. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 63 and an east wind 10 to 20 mph. The chance of precipitation is 50%.