The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | June 25, 2013June 25th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know before you go on this Tuesday morning.
5) We’ve said it before…and we’ll say it again…keep an eye out for wild animals. This bear wandered into the Foothills yesterday morning. As you can see…she was definitely hungry. Game and fish took here and will fatten her up…and release her back in the wild.
4) It looks like it’s a green light for the full U.S. Senate to vote on a big immigration reform bill later this week. Yesterday it passed an amendment to beef up border security…that could bring more agents to New Mexico.
3) It’s day two to honor one of New Mexico’s heros. Today…Sergeant Leroy Petry is getting a bridge in Santa Fe named after him. Yesterday he had a statue in front of Santa Fe’s City Hall dedicated to him. Sergeant Petry lost his hand in Afghanistan when he picked up a live grenade and threw it away from other army rangers…saving their lives.
2) The Silver Fire keeps blowing up. It grew by about 10-thousand acres yesterday and is still 20 percent contained. It’s still not threatening any homes or buildings.
1) Hot and breezy again…Today will be sunny, with a high near 92 and a west wind 5 to 10 mph.
Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 63 and a west wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the evening.