The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | June 24, 2013June 24th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go…
5) Later today you’ll have a cool way to see where your favorite films were shot in New Mexico! It’s called the Film Trails Map…and also shows you great places to eat and stay.
4) Another forest is closing down today because it’s so dry…and the risk for fires is so great. Starting at 8 this morning…the Santa Fe National Forest and Valles Caldera will be completely closed…except for The Rio Chama Scenic River Corridor and The Valles Caldera Gift Shop.
3) The man who leaked the National Security Agency’s secret phone and internet tapping programs is on the run. Edward Snowden is supposed to be heading to Cuba today…after flying from Hong Kong to Russia yesterday. He’s applied for asylum in Ecuador…and may be headed there next.
2) Bad news for kids in New Mexico. We’re now ranked dead last in the country when it comes to kids’ well being…according to the 2013 Kids Count Data Book from the Annie E. Casey Foundation. New Mexico was 49th last year…and switched places with Mississippi.
1) Another hot and dry one on the way…Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 92. There will be a light south wind becoming southwest 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 60. There will be a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.