5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go | June 21, 2013June 21st, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Keep an eye on the skies this weekend when the year’s brightest – and closest “Super Moon” will light up our night skies.
4. The courtroom drama is expected to continue in the riveting case of Levi Chavez. He’s the former Albuquerque Police Officer accused of killing his wife Tera, then staging it too look like a suicide. The judge needed to clear his docket so there was no trial yesterday but they’re expected to be back at it this morning.
3. There’s a job fair going on from 10am this morning until 6pm tonight. Molina Health care is hiring to fill 400 hundred new positions. The job fair is at the newly named Hotel Casada, formally called The Park Inn by Radisson Hotel, on Carlisle and I-40. That’s the hotel with the water park.
2. Albuquerque Police are sending some much need help to Magdalena to offer some relief to their water woes there. The towns well ran out water a few weeks ago and water tanks have been shipped in to help. APD conducted a water driver and will be loading up what they got and delivering it to Magdalena today.
1. It’s going to be another hot sunny day with a high near 97. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light after midnight.