The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | June 19, 2013June 19th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today…
5) Today’s your chance to help Magdelena with its water crisis. Donate bottled water today and tomorrow at The Prisoner Transport Center Downtown…right across from The Police Station.
4) Big recalls–the first affects Jeep Grand Cherokees from 19-93 through 2004…and Jeep Liberty’s from 2002 through 2007….they could have a problem with their fuel tanks. The other is for “Nap Nanny” and “Nap Nanny Chill” recliners…they could hurt or even kill children.
3) A lot of women in Albuquerque are still on edge…after one says she was raped in The Bosque last Sunday. Self-defense experts say if you’re attacked…try to hit someone in the ears…eyes or throat…and run away. Of course…try not to be alone outside after dark.
2) All eyes on the “Silver” Fire today…because firefighters are concerned it could flare up….because of the dry weather and wind. The fire’s already burned 25,000 acres in the Gila and is just 5% contained.
1) Fire danger’s going up today. Today will be sunny, with a high near 94. There will be a light and variable wind becoming southwest 20 to 25 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Tonight it’ll be mostly clear, with a low around 68. The wind will be southwest at 20 to 25 mph becoming light after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.