The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | June 18, 2013June 18th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time now for the 5 things you need to know before you go today!
5) “The Lone Ranger” isn’t so lonely in Santa Fe…Johnny Depp, Armie Hammer and other stars are there…with hundreds of reporters from all around the world. The city and state are all staying mum on exactly what’s going on…but some lucky locals are winning tickets to for a sneak peak of “The Lone Ranger”…the rest of us can see it July 3rd.
4) Immigration is a hot topic in D.C. again today.The House Judiciary Committee is supposed to vote on an Immigration bill…giving state and local government new powers when it comes to people who are in the U.S. illegally…this is very different than the big plan in the Senate.
3) Businesses can get an update on the I-25 Paseo Project…at 10 this morning at the CNM Workforce Training Center that’s west of the interstate and north of Alameda. Construction on the big project is supposed to start this summer.
2) A warning for women around the Bosque. Be extra careful…because a woman says she was raped and robbed there this weekend. Albuquerque Police are now looking for a Hispanic young man…in his late teens…with a mustache and a white bike.
1) It was a windy night… but that could change for today. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 92 and an east wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 67 southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east after midnight.