Levi Chavez trial, live blog day 6June 17th, 2013 at 9:20 am by KRQE News 13 Webdesk under Latest Posts
KRQE News 13 Reporters Amanda Goodman and Alex Goldsmith are in the courtroom covering the Levi Chavez trial.
Levi Chavez is accused of shooting and killing 26-year-old Tera Chavez with his department-issued handgun in their Los Lunas home, and of trying to make her death look like a suicide because prosecutors say she was about to report him for insurance fraud. He is charged with first-degree murder and evidence tampering.
- Judge Eichwald said best he could do was ask Hall why he shouldn’t have to turn over documents
- Judge is trying to compel civil attorney Brad Hall to turn over documents from #LeviChavez civil case.
- Trial is recessed until tomorrow, jury won’t be called until the afternoon
- Judge: My problem is the state is relying on information filtered through a civil attorney.
- Prosecution admits no formal subpoena was sent in.
- Judge: Did anyone bother to subpoena Brad Hall’s entire file?
- Prosecution: Cross-referencing between what we have and what the defense has could take a long time
- Serna alleges that Slama was given with help with child support case in exchange for testimony.
- Defense wants judge to order civil attorney for Tera Chavez estate to disclose additional documents from #LeviChavez case.
- Judge Eichwald is back on the bench. Here we go.
- Both prosecution and defense are back in the courtroom. Expecting to hear a motion or two.
- David Serna and #LeviChavez are back in the courtroom.
- It feels like we’re in a courthouse version of a rain delay right now.
- 9:36am Hearing the jury has been sent home for the day. Expecting an in-court statement shortly.
- Issue could stem from whether all of the information from the civil case has been shared with the defense.
- 9:16am Just overheard that there may be a discovery issue. This could derail the #LeviChaveztrial for the day.
- 9:06am #LeviChavez trial off to a late start. Trying to find out why.