5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go | June 14, 2013June 14th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Don’t forget it’s Father’s Day this weekend! Send your dad a card, make or pick out a gift for the old man, and tell him you love him.
4. A new fire has popped up in New Mexico. The Whites Peak fire has now burned more than 800 acres and is mostly on private land in the Pecos.
3. Firefighters are still battling flames from the Silver Fire trying to prevent them from burning any homes or buildings in Kingston. The fires burned almost 19,000 acres and crews are working on containment bans.
2. It’s getting closer to being a fireworks free Fourth of July. Albuquerque passed a rule last night that prevents most of them from being sold in the city. It already banned shooting them off.
1. Today there is a chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. It will be mostly sunny, with a high near 94. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tonight there is a 30% chance of precipitation and scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.