5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | June 7, 2013June 7th, 2013 at 6:03 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. We’ll probably find out more today about the US Intelligence Service reportedly getting internet and Verizon’s phone records from millions of Americans. The head of the Intelligence Agency says that is reprehensible.
4. The latest on the wildfires here in New Mexico. The “Thompson Ridge” fire has burned 13,000 acres and is 10% percent contained. The “Tres Lagunas” fire has ripped through 9,500 acres and is 34% contained. The “Sawmill Canyon” fire has burned 42 acres and is just a half mile from homes.
3. Get ready to see more wild animals on the run. We caught this bear running around the heights for 3 hours yesterday morning. Fish and Game say we’ll see more of this as animals come down from the mountains looking for food and water.
2. This is your last weekend to use the Sandias before they basically get shut down in the Cibola National Forest all to prevent a major fire. Plus Albuquerque and Bernalillo county’s leaders are set announce more fire restrictions in the city and county.
1. Today will be partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce damaging winds and large hail in the afternoon. Highs will be in the mid 80s to lower 90s. Tonight will be partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the evening with lows in the mid 50s to lower 60s.