The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | June 4, 2013June 4th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today!
5) If you’re looking for a job…listen up. Sitel is hiring 500 people for it’s call center in Albuquerque. To apply…go to New Mexico Workforce Connection on Mountain…near Edith…from 10 to 2.
4) Double check your freezers for frozen fruit from Costco recently. The FDA says Townsend Farms Organic Antioxidant Blend has already given 30 people in five states Hepatitis A…that includes people in New Mexico. If you have the berry blend…throw it out.
3) New Mexico could be out about $60 million dollars…because the federal government says it didn’t give special education enough money the past two years. The state cut the budget because it was short on cash…and will appeal the decision.
2) The latest with the wildfires here in New Mexico. The Tres Lagunas Fire is now more than 8,000 acres…with 7% contained. The Thompson Ridge Fire is more than 3,000 acres…with 5% contained. People from about 50 homes are still evacuated.
1) Another hot and dry day on the way…Today will be hot again with a high near 89 and a Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 65 and a West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light after midnight.