The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | May 29, 2013May 29th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know before you go…
5) Do not donate any more clothes to folks in Moore, Oklahoma…who were devastated by that tornado last week. The Lobo Softball team is still collecting food, water and toiletries today and tomorrow at its fields…and still needs help loading everything into trucks.
4) If you’re looking for a job…maybe the new Gordmans out West is for you! It’s hiring 100 people…apply at Workforce Solutions now through Wednesday.
3) The drought’s affecting animals…just as much as people.More and more are coming out of the wilderness…and heading into neighborhoods…this family of bobcats just did that. You can keep animals away by keeping birdseed and water bowls away from your home.
2) A big meeting today to talk about the Colorado River. Leaders from seven states…including New Mexico…are in San Diego today…to talk about how to keep the river from going dry.
we’ll let you know what they say…
1) Fire danger’s up again today. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 82 and windy, with a West wind 5 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Then tonight will be clear, with a low around 55 and windy, with a West wind 20 to 30 mph decreasing to 10 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.