The 5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go | May 27, 2013May 27th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today…
5) Today’s your last day to go taste some of the best wine in New Mexico. The Albuquerque Wine Festival continues today at Balloon Fiesta Park…from noon to 6. Tickets are $20 bucks each…please drink responsibly.
4) The Lobo Softball team is asking for your help to load up all the donations its collected for folks in Moore, Oklahoma. Go help the ladies load up trucks from nine to noon today…and 10 to 7 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
3) Don’t forget…a number of government offices and banks are closed for Memorial Day today. All city, county, state and federal offices are closed. There’s no mail delivery. But…trash will get picked up on schedule.
2) On this Memorial Day there are a lot of ways for you to remember those who died fighting for America. This includes a service at the New Mexico veterans memorial that starts at 10 this morning. Plus a parade in Rio Rancho on Southern…it also starts at 10.
1) It’s going to be warm and breezy. Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 82 and a light West wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 55 and a West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light after midnight.