The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | May 22, 2013May 22nd, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Before you head out there door this morning – here are the five things you need to know about!
5) Kids this is the day you’ve been waiting for–the last day of school for APS. But don’t stop reading…the state has a new contest…you read books…you could win prizes…even a trip to Disney World in Florida.
4) Heads up, do not go into the Bosque in parts of New Mexico because it’s now closed. This is the Bosque North and South of Albuquerque and in Sandoval, Valencia and Socorro counties.
3) It’s getting hot…Today will be sunny, with a high near 84 with a light Southwest wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 59 and a Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
2) Looking to help out the people in Moore, Oklahoma hit by that massive tornado? Don’t get scammed. The Attorney General’s Office says go with charities that you’ve heard of and avoid e-mails asking you to donate.
1) The search for survivors is pretty much done in moore. Emergency workers say they’ve gone through all buildings three times and are confident no one is still buried. At least 24 people died in the storm…including 9 children.