The 5 Things You Need To Know Before you Go | May 20, 2013May 20th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go on this Monday morning!
5) As soon as today we could find out who’s the lucky dog who won the record powerball jackpot this weekend. One ticket got all the numbers right…for the $590.5 million dollar prize. The ticket’s from Zepherhills, Florida…a small town outside of Tampa.
4) Steve Alford’s getting ready to cut UNM a big check…for $300-thousand dollars. He and the University finally agreed on his buyout for jumping ship to UCLA. UNM says this deal will net it $625-thousand dollars.
3) Dozens of jobs with the City of Albuquerque should officially become available today. The City Council’s supposed to vote on the new budget tonight which includes money to fill spots that have been empty for years…including everything from zookeepers to administrators.
2) In just an hour or so…protestors are supposed to pack St. Pius X High School in Albuquerque…supporting a senior who was born a girl…but wants to dress like boys at graduation. Plus…Damian Garcia’s family is meeting with the school’s administration today…and now has more than 22-thousand signatures on a petition. St. Pius says because Damian’s birth certificate says female…Damian has to wear a white gown…as girls do.
1) There’s a high fire danger out today. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 75 and a West wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 47 and a Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.