The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | May 15, 2013May 15th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) Go buy your Powerballl ticket! the jackpot is up to $360-million-bucks! it comes out to just over $2-hundred-and-20-million after taxes.
4) The Albuquerque Journal is reporting the defense department plans to furlough nearly $700,000 of its civilian employees. Including almost $7,000 here in New Mexico. The article says notices will begin to go out May 28th and workers will have several days to respond or appeal. The unpaid days off could start July 8th.
3) The National Transportation Safety Board is recommending state’s lower the legal drinking limit…from .08 to .05. they say that’s because drivers start to lose control of their cognitive abilities at point .05. If the Federal Department of Transportation backs the idea, states could lose money for highways if they don’t fall in line.
2) Right now MDC is about 350 inmates over capacity. So, Bernalillo County Commissioners passed a temporary fix to that. They approved part of a proposal that sets aside $613,700 dollars for the next month and a half…to ship inmates to other jails in New Mexico and Texas.
1) Get ready for another hot day but with some isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Other than that, mostly sunny, with a high near 85 and a breeze, with a Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
Then tonight the isolated showers and thunderstorms will come again before midnight. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. It’ll be partly cloudy, with a low around 55 and a breezy, with a Northwest wind 15 to 25 mph decreasing to 5 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.