The 5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go | May 13, 2013May 13th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go!
5) It’s your chance to name the new baby orangutan at the Zoo in Albuquerque. The choices are Pixi, Sian, Betty and Indie…go to our website and click on KRQE Links to find out how to vote. Also…the name of the new baby giraffe has been name Abique…or Abi for short.
4) An important court hearing today for the former veterinarian accused of hoarding dozens of dogs at her home in Edgewood. A judge should decide what will happen to Debra Clopton’s dogs that are at the Santa Fe Animal Shelter now. Forty-five dogs were originally there…but some had puppies…and now that number’s up to 78!
3) A grand jury has until today to officially indict the young man accused of going on a stabbing spree inside a church in Albuquerque two weeks ago. Police say Lawrence Capener stabbed three people and hurt another at St. Jude Thaddeus because he thought the choir leader was a free mason.
2) Even more fire restrictions start today. These are in the Cibola National Forest where you can no longer smoke or have any fires. Most other parts of the state already have fire restrictions because it’s so dry.
1) It’s going to be a warm one…Today will be sunny, with a high near 82 and a calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 54 and a Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming Southeast in the evening.