5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | May 9, 2013May 9th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Thousands of underprivileged kids will be the new owners of free books today. It’s part of the Read With Me program that’s already collected 36,000 books. Learn how you can get the books for your kids and how to donate them by clicking on newslinks.
4. Talking Lobo Basketball again. We now know if UNM fires Coach Craig Neal it’ll have to pay him a million bucks. That the biggest buyout ever for a coach at the school. If Steve Alford would have signed his new contract his fee for getting fired in the first four years would have been up to four million dollars.
3. Veterans there’s a special job fair just for you today in Albuquerque. It’s the New Mexico Veterans Business Expo and job fair from 8am to 4pm at the Convention Center in Downtown Albuquerque. Lots of companies will be there just looking for Veterans, National Guard Soldiers and the Reserves.
2. The man accused of kidnapping three women and holding them hostage for years in Cleveland, Ohio is supposed to be in court today facing rape and other charges. Right now his brothers are not facing charges connected to the kidnapping. The women are now back with their families.
1. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74. If you are heading out tonight you may want to grab a jacket. Isolated showers and thunderstorms are expected with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 46. There is a 20% chance of precipitation.