The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | May 06, 2013May 6th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know….
5) We could be another step closer to paying sales tax when we buy stuff online. Today the U.S. Senate’s supposed to vote a on a bill that would make it easier for state’s to collect that tax.
the house would still have to pass it.
4) Race on out to The Albuquerque Downs and Casino today if you’re looking for a job. The Downs is hiring at least 400 workers…starting today. Head to our website and click on KRQE Links for everything you need to know.
3) Today Governor Martinez is unveiling a new campaign to prevent teens from drinking. It’s called “My-Instead”…and is a PSA and a website to tell kids about all the bad things the can come with drinking illegally. New Mexico tops the list of states when it comes to kids drinking before they turn 13.
2) Investigators are on the hunt for whoever has been setting fires in and around Albuquerque. Ten of these suspicious fires have started in the last week including the Piedra Fire in the Sandias and these fires in Rio Rancho.
1) We could finally get some rain today! Scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected after 7am. It’ll be mostly cloudy, with a high near 65 and a Southeast wind around 10 mph becoming Southwest in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation is 50%.
Then tonight there will be scattered showers and thunderstorms before 1am, then isolated showers. It’ll be mostly cloudy, with a low around 50 and a Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. The chance of precipitation is 50%.