5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | May 3, 2013May 3rd, 2013 at 6:17 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Get out your running shoes because the Run for the Zoo is this Sunday. You can still register for the 5k, the other races are sold out. If you’re not running you probably want to avoid the Zoo and Country Club Sunday Morning.
4. If you’re looking for a job get your resume and dress clothes ready. Starting Monday the new Albuquerque Downs Casino will start hiring 400 people. Go to KRQE newslinks on our website to find out how you can apply.
3. Today doesn’t look like it’s going to be a good day for firefighters in California. They’re battling a huge 12 1/2 square mile wildfire north of Los Angeles. The fire is very close to homes but has not burned any yet.
2. In Albuquerque, firefighters are camped out and digging trenches in the Sandias as we speak. They’re trying to stop the Piedra fire from spreading. It started yesterday morning and has already burned at least 50 acres.
1. We are off to a cool start this morning but it should warm up this afternoon. Today will be mostly sunny with highs in the mid 60s to lower 70s. Tonight will be mostly clear with lows in the mid 30s to lower 40s.