5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | May 2, 2013May 2nd, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Tonight’s your chance to show off your drawers and help out a homeless shelter. It’s the fifth annual Undie Rock n’ Run at UNM. Running starts at 9pm and bring extra clothes to donate to Joy Junction.
4. A big meeting for President Barack Obama and Mexico’s President Pena Nieto. President Obama’s going to talk about Mexico’s economic success. The meeting is also supposed to help push congress to pass an immigration reform bill.
3. Get ready for more construction for on Alameda between I-25 and Wyoming. Construction crews are now putting in a traffic signal at San Pedro, adding to the storm drainage system and widening the road from two to four lanes.
2. Some advice so tonight’s chill doesn’t kill your garden. We talked with experts yesterday they say water your plants then cover them. When it warms up again use a plant re-starter to help get them growing again.
1. It’s going to be a cool and windy day. Today will be mostly sunny and breezy with highs in the mid 50s to lower 60s. East winds will be 15 to 25 mph. with gusts up to 35 mph below canyons. Tonight will be mostly clear and breezy with lows in the upper 20s to mid 30s. Southeast winds 15 to 25 mph becoming east 10 to 20 mph after midnight.