The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | May 1, 2013May 1st, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the 5 things you need to know before you go!
5) Big changes coming for the Plan B…the so called…morning after pill. Starting soon girls 15 and older can buy the emergency contraception pill right off the shelf without asking a pharmacist first. They still have to show their ID’s at the checkout counter.
4) If you think you’ve ever been taken advantage up by “El Dentista”…Santa Fe Police want to hear from you today. Just go to their Main Office today on Cerillos, near Airport Road. Police think Eliver Kestler was running an illegal dental practice out of his car and caused people a lot of problems.
3) If you’re in danger of losing your home then this could be extremely important for you. There’s a free foreclosure clinic today at the Courthouse Downtown from 10am-2pm. It’s on a first-come, first-serve basis.
2) If you live in Bernalillo County then there’s a good chance your property tax bill is in the mail today and there’s a good chance it went up. The Assessor says the County’s still trying to catch up from the housing boom in the early 2000′s even though home prices have plummeted 15% in the last five years.
1) Get ready for some wind later. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 79 and a West wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Then tonight there could be areas of blowing dust after 9. It’ll be partly cloudy, with a low around 43 and winds could gust as high as 45 mph.