The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 30, 2013April 30th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go.
5) The big story that has everybody talking…even President Obama. NBA player Jason Collins has come out and said he’s gay. Making him the first major professional men’s sports player to do so. He said he’s been worried about what other people will think…and how his teammates will react for years…but not he wants to live truthfully.
4) Time is up for Steve Alford. Starting today…he could go into arbitration with UNM about his old contract because he hasn’t paid anything for his buyout clause. He says he owes $200-thousand for leaving early and going to UCLA but UNM says it’s more like a million. We’ll let you know what ends up happening.
3) Police in Sante Fe are still looking for people who used the man known as “El Dentista.” In fact tomorrow from 8 to 5… detectives will meet with people who say they paid Eliver Kestler for dental service. Investigators arrested him earlier this month…saying he was running an illegal dental practice out of his car…and even used dirty tools.
2) The latest with the stabbings inside St. Jude Thaddeus from Sunday. The man police say was at the target of the attacks…Adam Alvarez the Choir Director is still in the hospital after getting stabbed in the shoulder, arm and wrist. Investigators say Lawrence Capener is the attacker and told them he went after Alvarez because he thought Alvarez was a Mason and part of a big conspiracy. Alvarez says that’s not true.
1) Forget Spring…it feels like Summer. Today will be sunny, with a high near 85 and a West wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Tonight mostly clear, with a low around 53, west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.