The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 26, 2013April 26th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today.
5) If you’re looking for a new furry friend…today’s a great day to get one…because it’s five dollar Friday. Any dog that’s a year or older is just five bucks at Albuquerque’s East or Westside Shelters. They’re open from 10:30 this morning until 8 tonight.
4) Your chance to get a free gun lock. Santa Fe Police are giving out 350 of them hoping to prevent accidental shootings. Go pick one up at the Santa Fe’s Main Police Station.
3) Great news if you’re flying anytime soon! As early as today the house could vote on a bill to stop air traffic controllers from getting furloughed after the Senate passed the bill late last night. It should stop the massive flight delays at the bigger airports.
2) The world’s biggest Pow-Wow starts in just a couple of hours. The grand entry for the gathering of nations starts at noon today at The Pit. Tickets are $17 bucks…go to our homepage and search under “Newslinks” to learn more.
1) Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74, and Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 46, and Northwest wind around 10 mph becoming East after midnight.