The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 25, 2013April 25th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the 5 things you need to know before you go!
5) The Miss Indian World Competition starts tonight. Sixteen Native American women are competing…starting at 7 at the Hard Rock Casino. The winner will be crowned Saturday at “The Pit”….after being judged in tribal knowledge, dancing, public speaking, and personality.
4) Two Republicans in Bernalillo County are still on damage control after what they said Tuesday. Bernalillo County GOP Executive Director Steve Kush was on Facebook and Twitter during Tuesday night’s bernalillo county commission meeting about raising the minimum wage when Kush called one speaker a quote “Radical b-word.” Fellow GOP operative Bob Cornelius commented on another woman implying she was a prostitute. Both are apologizing for what they said…but the damage is already done.
3) New Mexico’s gay marriage debate is now going to Attorney General Gary King. He could issue an opinion on the issue in the next five days.
2) Today will have a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Other than that, it’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 71 and an East wind 10 to 15 mph becoming South 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Then tonight there will be a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Breezy, with a South wind 20 to 25 mph becoming Northwest 10 to 15 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
1) Right now, all lanes on I-40 are closed Westbound–East of Carnuel. It’s closed due to a bad crash that happened around three this morning. Stay with KRQE on air and online for the latest updates on this crash.