The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 24, 2013April 24th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go today.
5) It looks like the slaughterhouse in Roswell that wants to kill horses and ship their meat overseas is a go. Yesterday USDA Inspectors were at Valley Meat in Roswell and gave it the green light to open. President Obama’s Administration and Governor Martinez are both against the slaughterhouse.
4) If you still have a ticket from those red-light cameras Albuquerque, you could be catching a little bit of a break. Redflex, the company that ran the cameras says people with just one or two tickets will get their late-fees dropped. Others will have to pay them…or take it up with the collection company.
3) Gay marriage will be front and center in Santa Fe tonight. The City Council’s planning to vote on a resolution that would encourage county clerks to issue gay marriage licenses…saying the state’s law doesn’t necessarily say marriage is between a man and a woman. We’ll be there and let you know what happens.
2) Could fireworks be banned in Santa Fe this summer? The City Council’s also supposed to talk about that…and hear your take on the issue. They’re worried the drought could get worse and the fireworks would be a major danger. That part of the meeting starts at 7.
1) Fire danger going down a touch today, but it’ll be sunny, with a high near 68 and a Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming Southwest in the afternoon. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 52 and a Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming East in the evening.