The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 23, 2013April 23rd, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know before you go…..
5) As soon as today, the street where the bombs went off last Monday in Boston could re-open as soon as today. Meanwhile, investigators say the suspect who’s still alive, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev says the two were not working with a terror network. Today you can help out people affected by the bombs go to U-Swirl and get some frozen yogurt and 50% of sales will go to charities in Boston. Find out more at under “Newslinks” on our homepage.
4) Your days to tax-free shopping online could be over soon. Congress is looking at a bill that would make it easier for states to collect sales tax from online retailers. That could help state’s get millions of dollars a year…but cost all of us a lot more money. We’re supposed to report that tax on our taxes every year but many people don’t.
3) It’s going to be a big debate at the Bernalillo County Commission meeting tonight all about minimum wage. Commissioners are thinking about raising it from $7.50 to $8.50 an hour. Many people are for it but a lot especially businesses are against it.
2) The hunt is now on to find an inmate who escaped in Albuquerque last night. The MDC says Brandon Davis and another inmate kicked out the door of a transport van at UNMH last night. Davis was on was way to jail from court and was not wearing an orange jumpsuit but was handcuffed. If you see him, call police.
1) The wind will still stick around today. Today there will be a slight chance of rain in the morning before noon, then mostly sunny in the afternoon. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 66 and an East wind 5 to 15 mph becoming West in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation is 10%. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 36 and a Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming Southeast after midnight.