The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 22, 2013April 22nd, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the five things you need to know before you head out this morning!
5) Nursing mom’s, this one’s for you. The Dar A Luz Birthing Center in Albuquerque is starting a breast milk bank to help babies. It wants to collect 62.5 pounds of milk by Wednesday. Go to “Newslinks” on our homepage and learn how you can help.
4) Happy Earth Day! There are a lot of fun ways to you celebrate saving the Earth today. If you ride your bike to the Zoo, you get a dollar off admission and maybe you’ll sneak a peak of the new Giraffe. For more Earth Day fun…go to to our homepage and search under “Newslinks”
3) Get ready to see more orange barrels in Albuquerque. Starting at nine this morning, workers are set to start a new project at 4th and Alameda in Northwest Albuquerque. One lane each way will be closed from 9 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon. They’re redoing all the landscaping to save water and money. All the work should be done in a month.
2) Another warm and windy day. It’ll be sunny, with a high near 77 and a West wind of 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 37 and a west wind 15 to 25 mph. Wind could gust as high as 35 mph.
1) There will be a moment of silence for Boston at 12:50pm our time…2:50pm Boston time. It’s to remember the three people who were killed and 170 who were hurt a week ago today. Meanwhile, today investigators hope to learn more from Dzokhar Tamerlan since he’s being reported as being awake and alert and is writing messages because he can’t speak. Boston’s Police Commissioner says Tamerlan and his brother were planning for bombings before they were caught on Friday.