5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 18, 2013April 18th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. A lot of teachers and kids will probably be out sick again today at Georgia O’keeffe Elementary School because of the highly contagious Norvirus. It hit the school this week and now the State Health Department is helping the school go through a deep cleaning.
4. The FBI is looking at surveillance video from Lord and Taylor Department Store in Boston. It shows a guy lay down a back pack then walk off shortly before one of the explosions at the Boston Marathon. President Obama visits there today for a memorial service for the three people who died in monday’s bombings.
3. We’re keeping a close eye on the winds and the Curtis Fire in the Southeastern part of the state down in Otero County – last we heard it had spread to 200 acres and 20 homes were being evacuated – we’ll keep an eye on it throughout the day.
2. Of course, all eyes are on Texas this morning and the little town called West where as many as 15 may be dead and 160 injured crowding area hospitals after a massive fertilizer plant explosion rocked the area damaging a nursing home, leveling a school and registering 2.1 on the seimic scale.
1. Another blast of winter hits us this mid-april spring day. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 25.