The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 17, 2013April 17th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things to know before you go…
5) You’ll now be able to get info about movies…before you go to the big screen. This is especially important for parents. The Motion Pictures association of America is adding descriptions to the ratings in big, bold letters…it’s a way to decrease the amount of violence that kids see.
4) It’s going to be easier for you to recycle soon. Starting next month the City of Albuquerque will be rolling out these big blue bins for recycling. They should all be out by the end of October and can recycle paper, plastic and cans but not glass.
3) A big change in the weather… Today will be windy and cooler with a high near 62. The winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Then tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 30 and a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Tonight’s winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
2) Tonight is your chance to go run and help out folks in Boston affected by the bombings. The distance is just a 2.6 mile run. The Boston Marathon Relief Run is tonight at the ABQ Running Shop at Paseo Del Norte and Louisiana. You register at 5:00pm and start running at 6:00pm. They’ll donate $5 bucks per loop.
1) Investigators are hoping to catch a break today in the Boston bombings. They say they have no idea who made the bombs by putting nails and bb’s in pressure cookers then put them in backpacks and garbage cans. FBI Agents are hoping there’s video or pictures that’ll give them some clues.