ABQ to start delivering blue recycling carts

April 17th, 2013 at 10:57 am by under Latest Posts

Soon New Mexicans will be seeing a sea of blue as the city of Albuquerque goes green everywhere and not just in certain areas.

The city’s going to start delivering blue recycling carts to folks in May.

The goal is to have all 93,000 carts out by the end of October to collect paper, cans and plastic.

It is all part of the opening of a new multi-million dollar recycling center that opens next month.

To find out when your house is scheduled to get a blue bin>>

10 Responses to “ABQ to start delivering blue recycling carts”

1. Brenda says:

It says to find out when your house is scheduled to get a blue bin. Who do you find out?

2. Brenda says:

Type o, How do you find out?

1. Tony says:

Click the link that says “To find out when your house is scheduled to get a blue bin>>”

On the bottom of the page there’s a small picture of the blue bin, click that, and enter you address.

1. Michal says:

The blue bin seems to be missing and I can’t find a link, even with my glasses on!
        I did find this link going a different route. I think the trick is not to include St, Ave, Blvd etc in your address.

3. Kissyface says:

The link you provide is hilariously useless. I live in Uptown, and on a first go the website told me it didn’t recognize my address. Using a fuzzier version of the address yielded this response:

“The address you entered may not be part of the City of Albuquerque Solid Waste Department residential curbside recycling program.”

The city’s website is an absolute joke since the redesign. I wonder how many tax dollars they wasted on that.

1. Michal says:

I think you have to only type the name of your St, Ave, Blvd but not include these designations. It will give you that choice on a following stream.

4. ossobuco says:

Great. I’ll have to keep it in my living room.

5. jeanne says:

I received a mailed card stating my house would receive them in May. It also has a nice list of recyclables.

6. Political Cynic says:

And will they actually pick UP the recycling? For the past two MONTHS my neighbors and I have had recycling and put it out as instructed-and they NEVER pick it up here. What’s the point? Will putting it in a blue barrel suddenly make them do their jobs?

7. whome says:

Is this a SimCity ticker?