The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 16, 2013April 16th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here now are the five things you need to know before you go…
5) It’s a girl for Jenna Bush! It’s the first granddaughter for former President George W. Bush. Margaret Laura “Mila” Hager was born Saturday in New York City and we’re told she and momma are doing well.
4) Today we’ll get to see what’s in the long-awaited bill to fix this country’s immigration problems. It’ll be officially introduced in the Senate but we already know it includes a path to citizenship for some people who’ve come to the U.S. Illegally and money to beef up border security.
3) Today will be windy and sunny with a high near 77. The wind will be southwest at 10 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon with gusts as high as 40 mph. then tonight will have areas of blowing dust before 9pm. it’ll be partly cloudy, with a low around 48 and a Southwest wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. The winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
2) More than 80 runners from New Mexico are still in Boston this morning…and some are stuck there. After the bombs went off yesterday…many runners couldn’t get their bags back…and that’s where they’re I.D.’s are. Thankfully, all of the runners from here are safe.
1) FBI agents are now in Boston and in charge of the investigation into the bombings. We know two bombs went off near the finish line about 16 seconds apart. Three people are dead including an 8 year old boy. One-hundred and forty-four more are hurt including 17 are in critical condition. So far, no one has taken responsibility for the bombings.