The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 15, 2013April 15th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today…
5) Turn that frown upside down because it’s “Happiness Week” in Santa Fe! Although we think it should be that every week…everywhere. Santa Fe’s City Council wants to hear from you–go visit our homepage and look under “newslinks” the happiness survey as well as the calendar for the weeks happy events!
4) It’s going to be a big week on Capitol Hill in D.C. Starting today, Congress will talk about a plan to strengthen background checks on people who buy guns. It looks like both Democrats and Republicans support it. Later this week we should find out what Congress’s plan is to revamp the Immigration Laws.
3) In just a few hours a dirty and disgusting mess near Downtown Albuquerque should be getting cleaned up. It’s this area under the coal overpass where a bunch of homeless people have been living, leaving trash, and making the area their personal bathroom.The City says workers will put a new lock and clean up the mess.
2) It’s Tax Day, so all you procrastinators better get a move on! You have until tonight to get those taxes done or file an extension. If you’re sending them the old fashioned way–snail mail–the main Albuquerque and Rio Rancho Post Offices are open until midnight.
1) Be careful today–we’re talking fire danger. Today will be windy with areas of blowing dust. Other than that it’ll be sunny, with a high near 73. The wind gusts could get as high as 35 mph. Then tonight will still be pretty windy with possible gusts of up to 40 mph. It’ll be mostly clear, with a low around 44.