5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go | April 11, 2013April 11th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
5. We have a big recall to tell you about this morning that’s affecting millions of cars, trucks and minivans. It’s all because the passenger airbags could explode and send plastic parts flying. This affects 2000 to 2004 Toyota Corollas, Tundras and Lexus Sc’s. Plus 680,000 Honda Civics and Odysseys.
4. The man who police say went on a massive stabbing spree at a college in Houston this week is set to be in court today. Dylan Quick’s already facing three counts of aggravated battery and will probably face even more today. Investigators say he stabbed 14 people at Lone Star Community College in Houston on Tuesday and that quick told them he fantasized about it for years.
3. There could be a break in the big gun control debate on Capital Hill with Senators possibly agreeing a plan for mandatory background checks for guns sold online and at gun shows. the plan has some bipartisan but not everyone’s on board just yet. Senators are supposed to start talking about this today.
2. Bad news for some workers at UNMH they’re losing their jobs this summer. Yesterday 57 medical transcriptionists got a letter saying they’re getting laid off later this year as the hospital outsources the jobs to a company from Massachusetts.
1. Grab a jacket for the morning. Thursday will be partly cloudy with highs in the upper 50s to mid 60s. Winds will be 10 to 20 miles per hour from the northwest. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain. The lows will be in the mid 30s to lower 40s.