The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 10, 2013April 10th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go…
5) This is causing quite the controversy…you’ll never guess what your tax money’s going to this year…sports fields…and a lot of them. The roundhouse is giving 6 little league’s $1.2 million bucks for new fields. Plus, UNM is getting millions for a video scoreboard for the football stadium and lights for the baseball stadium. The Governor signed off on the money but not everyone’s happy about it.
4) Get ready to pay more to go to go to college in Albuquerque. At UNM tuition’s going up 13% if you take less than 15 hours per semester and if you take 15 or more it’s going up half that. The extra money’s going to give professors and staff a raise. At CNM tuition’s going up about $15 bucks per semester.
3) Three children are still in the hospital after that bus crash in Northern New Mexico Monday morning. They’re in serious condition but we’re told they will be okay. Investigators are still trying to find out if the driver, Pat Valdez died from a medical condition for the crash or if the crash killed him.
2) Be careful as you head out the door this morning you’re probably going to find some slick streets up in the far Northeast Heights in Albuquerque. Plus, I-40 out West…near Grants and Gallop is wet and could be slick. Roads near Taos are slick as well and New Mexico 72 from just east of Raton to Folsom is closed because there’s so much snow on the roads.
1) Today will have isolated showers with a partly sunny ski and a high near 47. the wind will be Southeast at 5 to 10 mph then becoming Northwest in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation is 20%.Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 33 and a West wind 5 to 10 mph.