The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Know | April 8, 2013April 8th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go.
5) March Madness all comes down to tonight. Michigan’s going to take on Louisville for the NCAA Championship tonight at 7 here on channel 13. Lousiville was the number one seeded team in the tournament and the line has them beating Michigan by four.
4) So much for all the Lobos starters coming next year. Star guard Tony Snell is going pro to the NBA draft. UNM’s going to be talking about that this afternoon. Snell led the Lobos in 3 pointers last year and averaged 12 points per game. Hoopsworld.com says Snell is the 79th best prospect overall. Some say it’s risky because he’s only guaranteed a contract if he gets drafted in the first round.
3) Two young women are dead and a 17 year old is behind bars accused of driving drunk and causing a horrific crash this weekend. It happened Saturday morning on I-25 near Las Vegas. Police say 8 people were in an Infiniti when it flipped. Kayla Martinez and Aleandra Sanchez died, they were just 14 and 12 years old. Police say Wayne Lovato was the drunk driver and is now in the juvenile lockup.
2) Did you see the smoke from the fire at the Bosque this weekend? It burned about 2 acres near Paseo del Norte on Saturday.
1) It looks like we’re in for some fire danger today. Today will be windy and sunny with a high near 73. The wind will be Southwest at 5 to 15 mph increasing to 25 to 35 mph. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Then tonight there’s a 20% chance for isolated showers with wind gusts that could reach as high as 50 mph.