5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 5, 2013April 5th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. How do you think people in Albuquerque dress? Not very well says a blog called Movoto. In fact, it says the Duke City is the 7th worst dressed city in the US because it doesn’t haven’t a lot of high end stores. The blog says Wichita, Kansas is the worst dressed city.
4. Ladies, this is for you. Albuquerque now has a milk bank. The Dar a Luz Birth & Health Center has opened a donation center for mothers to donate their extra milk. Coctors call the milk “liquid gold” because of how it helps babies grow and survive.
3. This is the talk of town. An Albuquerque City Councilor quits right after he’s busted accused of drinking and driving. Michael Cook announced he’s stepping down yesterday just a day after he said he was going to run for re-election then got arrested. Mayor RJ Berry will pick someone to replace Cook.
2. A scary situation is happening at New Mexico State Parks.
Police are stepping up patrols after they found one bomb at Blue Hole in Santa Rosa yesterday and one actually blew up a porta-potty at Conchas Lake State Park earlier this week. One guy was arrested in that case but investigators haven’t said if he’s connected to the other one.
1. Today will be partly cloudy and breezy with highs in the mid 70s to lower 80s. South winds from 10 to 20 mph increasing to southwest 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly clear and breezy with lows in the 40s. West winds from 15 to 25 mph decreasing to 10 to 20 mph after midnight.