5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 4, 2013April 4th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. If you’re looking for a job it’s your lucky day. Head to the Park Inn by Radisson on Carlisle off I-40 from 11am to 2pm today. Choice Career Fairs will be holding the event that includes businesses that range from Aflac, Office Depot, Big 5 and Sandia National Laboratories.
4. Parents pay attention. APS has some new rules that will affect you very soon. Starting next school year you have to show proof of residency every year your kids are in school not just when they enroll. The board made the new rules last night and also changed the boundaries for North Star and Double Eagle Elementary to deal with overcrowding.
3. It’s going to be a warmer day. Highs will be in the upper 60s to mid 70s. You may want to grab a jacket if you are heading to the Isotopes game for opening night. It will be partly cloudy with lows in the 40s and south winds 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
2. It’s official! Noodles is the man. Craig Neal donned the famous cherry blazer yesterday when he was introduced as the Lobos new head coach. Coach Craig got emotional a couple times talking about how happy he was to get the job and talking about his former boss Steve Alford.
1. Former coach Steve Alford may be in a buyout battle with UNM. Yesterday UNM sent Alford a letter saying he has until the end of this month to pay up a million bucks. UNM says Alford’s old contract said he had to give a 30-day notice if he wanted to leave, that means that Alford would have been into his new contract that was supposed to start the first of this month and therefore owes a million bucks. Alford says no, his old contract puts the buyout at $150 thousand and that’s what he’ll pay.