The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 3, 2013April 3rd, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the 5 things you need to know before you go on this Wednesday morning!
5) If you drive a Subaru…heads up…because 200,000 of them are getting recalled. These are 2005 to 2009 Legacy’s and Outbacks because they could have problems with their brake lines. Take them to the dealer to get fixed.
4) Who’s ready for some baseball? Isotopes opening day is tomorrow and you’ll probably notice something different at the park this year fewer home runs. The ‘topes are now keeping the balls in a humidor so they don’t dry out. This will make the balls more like ones at sea level and won’t kill a pitcher’s earned run average .
3) Big news for parents. APS is thinking about changing how you enroll your kids in school and it wants your two cents on this. The District is thinking about making parents show proof of residency every school year instead of just the first time kids enroll. APS is trying to stop overcrowding at schools especially North Star Elementary in the Albuquerque Heights.
2) It’ll be a colder day. Today will have isolated showers before noon but other than that it’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 60. There will be a light and variable wind becoming Northwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. The chance of precipitation is 20%. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 43 with a Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light West after midnight.
1) Noodles it is! UNM officially has a new Men’s Basketball coach…and it’s Craig Neal…the Lobos Associate Head Coach for the last 6 years. Neal will be officially introduced as the Head Coach today. He signed a 5 year deal worth at least $750 thousand per year.