The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 2, 2013April 2nd, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here now are the five things you need to know before you go!
5) It’s is Wildfire Awareness Week in New Mexico. It’s dry and getting windy and it could be a recipe for disaster. The Governor and firefighters want you to clear brush around your land and be extra careful. Plus, the Governor is starting a program to hire 40 Veterans to become Wildland Firefighters.
4) New water restrictions are now in effect in Bernalillo County. So if you’re caught watering your lawn between 11 in the morning and 5 at night…you will get fined because we’re in a drought watch. Those fines are doubled anywhere from $40 bucks to $4,000 bucks.
3) Are your allergies killing you right now? Well you’re not alone…the pollen count is up and get this…some say you can blame all this pollen…on ourselves! Back in the 80′s, people started planting a lot of male Cottonwood trees that release a lot of pollen. Then the the city technically stopped allowing them to be planted in 19-94. However it doesn’t look like that’s changed anything.
2) It’ll be a cooler day with isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 65 and an East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation is 10%.
Then tonight there will be a 10% chance of isolated showers and thunderstorms. Other than that it’ll be mostly cloudy, with a low around 40 and a West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east after midnight.
1) It’s a sad day in Lobo Land as Steve Alford will be officially introduced at UCLA today. Now the question is who will replace him? A lot of fans want him to be interim head coach they’ve even created a Facebook page called “Hire Coach Noodles”..that’s Craig’s nickname.