The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | April 1, 2013April 1st, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here now are the five things you need to know before you go.
5) It’s April Fools’ Day! So don’t let your friends and family pull a fast one on you. Plus…get out to the Zoo this morning and learn how animals play tricks on each other. Have fun!
4) The security guards on Albuquerque’s City buses are sick and tired of their bosses and of getting into violent situations and not carrying guns. They’ve given their bosses a vote of no confidence and are going to rally about it outside City Hall at 4:30.
3) A warning about Valley Fever. The Centers for Disease for Control says cases of Valley Fever have gone up 10 times in the last 13 years. It’s an illness with flu-like symptoms…and comes from a fungus in dirt.
2) Another nice day! Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 73, and a light West wind becoming southwest 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 50 and a West wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
1) Say “goodbye” to Coach Steve Alford. This weekend he shocked the Lobo Nation when he announced he’s packing up and heading to West to coach the UCLA Bruins. He signed a 7 year contract with them that’ll pay him 2.6 million per year. Now the search is on to find a replacement coach for the Lobos.