April 30th, 2013 at 8:42 pm by Mark Ronchetti under Weather
A strong spring storm will churn just to our north late Wednesday and Thursday. This will lead to cold air flowing down over the state by Thursday along with very windy conditions. Look for winds to ramp up Wednesday evening over most areas. Here in the metro we could see guts to 50 mph Wed. night as winds blow from the east.
Thursday will start off very windy with cold temps. Highs on Thursday will not escape the 50′s after reaching the mid to high 80′s today. Winds in the early morning hours could gust as high as 60 mph. However, throughout the day winds will calm down.
By Friday temps will begin a slow climb to more seasonal levels under mostly sunny skies. Over the weekend highs will hit the low 70′s with another storm possible early next week.
April 30th, 2013 at 10:35 am by Hawa Konte under Community Affairs, News
Albuquerque residents will be able to give feedback on a list of potential transit routes for UNM, CNM and Sunport Transit Tuesday.
If you want to give officials an idea of what the best route will be, there is a public meeting Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The meeting is going to be held at the Loma Linda Community Center on Yale Boulevard in southeast Albuquerque.
April 30th, 2013 at 10:04 am by Hawa Konte under Community Affairs, News
New Mexicans will have the chance to learn about climate change Tuesday, with short films, poetry and other presentations.
Climate Connections goes from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at the South Broadway Cultural Center on Broadway, just south of Coal.
Poet laureate Hakim Bellamy will be there, along with scientists from Los Alamos National Lab and other government agencies.
It’s free to go.
For more information»
April 30th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know before you go.
5) The big story that has everybody talking…even President Obama. NBA player Jason Collins has come out and said he’s gay. Making him the first major professional men’s sports player to do so. He said he’s been worried about what other people will think…and how his teammates will react for years…but not he wants to live truthfully.
4) Time is up for Steve Alford. Starting today…he could go into arbitration with UNM about his old contract because he hasn’t paid anything for his buyout clause. He says he owes $200-thousand for leaving early and going to UCLA but UNM says it’s more like a million. We’ll let you know what ends up happening.
3) Police in Sante Fe are still looking for people who used the man known as “El Dentista.” In fact tomorrow from 8 to 5… detectives will meet with people who say they paid Eliver Kestler for dental service. Investigators arrested him earlier this month…saying he was running an illegal dental practice out of his car…and even used dirty tools.
2) The latest with the stabbings inside St. Jude Thaddeus from Sunday. The man police say was at the target of the attacks…Adam Alvarez the Choir Director is still in the hospital after getting stabbed in the shoulder, arm and wrist. Investigators say Lawrence Capener is the attacker and told them he went after Alvarez because he thought Alvarez was a Mason and part of a big conspiracy. Alvarez says that’s not true.
1) Forget Spring…it feels like Summer. Today will be sunny, with a high near 85 and a West wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Tonight mostly clear, with a low around 53, west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
April 30th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Kristen Van Dyke under News
Today will be sunny, with a high near 85 and a West wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Tonight mostly clear, with a low around 53, west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
Have a good day,
Kristen Van Dyke