5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 29, 2013March 29th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Scary news out of North Korea. Its government has ordered rockets to stand by to attack U.S. bases in South Korea and the Pacific. This after the U.S. sent B2 Stealth and Nuclear Capable bombers on a practice run to the pacific this week.
4. It’s Vietnam Veterans Day and your chance to honor those New Mexico’s Vietnam Veterans. A traveling wall honoring those troops who died is at the Veterans Memorial Park in Albuquerque on Louisiana near Gibson. Mayor RJ Berry will be there for a special ceremony at 10am this morning and there will also be a special ceremony at 10am at the state capital.
3. Easter is this Sunday. Lots of churches have sunrise services and it looks like it’ll be a beautiful morning. Plus there are lots of other fun events including the animals at the Biopark getting Easter treats.
2. Today is Good Friday, a day when thousands of people will on their annual pilgrimage to El Santuario de Chimayo and Tome Hill. If you’re driving near those areas please slow down and be careful.
1. Whatever you’re doing on this holy weekend, you’ll probably love the weather. Today will be partly cloudy with highs in the 70s. Tonight will be mostly clear with lows in the 40s.