5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 28, 2013March 28th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
5. Parents pay attention to this. 73,000 baby cribs are getting recalled because the sides can fall out of place. These are the PT Domusindo Perdana drop-side cribs from JC Penny’s catalog and website. If you have one call the manufacturer for more info.
4. This is also for parents. Tonight’s your chance to tell APS what you think about its plan to stop one elementary school from being overcrowded. The district wants to change the boundaries for North Star and Double Eagle Elementary because North Star is overcrowded once again. The meeting is tonight at 6:30pm in North Star’s cafeteria.
3. Could gay marriages start happening in New Mexico as soon as next month? It’s possible but not probable because next month Santa Fe City Councilors
will vote on a resolution to encourage the state’s attorney general to issue an opinion on same sex marriage. The resolution was presented by Mayor David Coss and three city councilors. They all say the law doesn’t necessarily state that marriage is between a man and a woman.
2. The CNM Chronicle controversy about a sex-saturated paper is done. Yesterday the schools leaders met with the paper’s writers and said the reason they pulled the paper is because it included quotes from a high school kid. Turns out that kid’s parents said it was ok. CNM now says professors will work more closely with chronicle in the future.
1. Get out and enjoy today because it’s going to be another nice Spring day. Today will be mostly cloudy with highs in the lower to mid 70s. Tonight will be partly cloudy with lows in the 40s.