5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go | March 27, 2013March 27th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5. The hunt is now on to find who’s been setting fires up in the foothill. Investigators say all five fires along Tramway early yesterday morning were intentionally set. One of them even came dangerously close to a couple of homes. Firefighters haven’t said if those fires were related the one Sunday night that burned about an acre of dry brush.
4. Another black eye for APD. Sergeant Adam Casaus is now facing criminal charges for running a red light, slamming into an suv and killing an innocent young woman in the national guard. The crash happened last month and Casaus says he was after a drunk driver when he hit and killed Ashley Browder but investigators say there was no drunk driver and Casaus was off duty at the time.
3. You may want to grab a light jacket today. It will be partly cloudy with highs in the upper 60s to mid 70s. Tonight will be mostly cloudy with lows in the 40s.
2. Same sex marriage a hot topic again today in both our State Capitol and the Nation’s Capital. Santa Fe’s city council is talking about if the city should issue marriage licenses to gay couples saying the state’s law doesn’t specifically say marriage is between a man and a woman. Plus, the U.S. Supreme Court is set to hear arguments on whether the defense of marriage act is constitutional.
1. The CNM Chronicle controversy, the student newspaper, had it’s latest issue which is all about sex pulled. The school’s stopped the presses – saying the issue crossed the line. Students say it’s all about free speech. The two sides are supposed to meet today to talk about the issue.