The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 26, 2013March 26th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things to know before you go on this Tuesday…
5) Bad news for Amanda Knox. Italy’s Supreme Court just overturned her getting acquitted on charges of killing her roommate back in 2007. This means that Knox is supposed to go on trial for it again. However, she’s back in the U.S. and says it’s painful to hear this but she’s confident in the truth.
4) It’s a big day today at the U.S. Supreme Court that could ultimately have a huge affect on gay marriage. The Justices are hearing arguments on California’s Proposition 8 which is an Amendment that defines marriage between a man and a woman. Tomorrow, they’ll hear similar arguments on the Defense of Marriage Act which is a federal law that does the same thing.
3) Could the final shows of “Breaking Bad” be ruined? A “Breaking Bad” script was stolen and even though cops think they caught the crook, the script is still M.I.A. actor Bryan Cranston says his car was broken into while at the Sandia Crest. Among the things stolen was a bag with his iPad and script. Police arrested the guy accused of doing it but can’t find the script or iPad.
2) It’s going to warm up but remain a little breezy. Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 63, and a light wind becoming South 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 41, and a South wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
1) It’s a bad time for fires to be starting especially with the dry and windy conditions but that is exactly what happened overnight. Albuquerque fire crews tackled a number of fires on Tramway between Montgomery and Comanche. Crews were able to get the out quickly. No word on what started them. This of course comes just a day after a fire was sparked in the Foothills.